Welcome

Hi hope you like my blog even if it is a little lame explore and discover things

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walking Through Fire

I awake to see fireworks in the distance or is it just a distanced memory I see?
I see Algerian’s are selling weapons to the Sunday soldiers who are what I heard evil
The sky is red like a fire storm, from the hills soldiers come as if they were scared
My mom and I left before they got to our house we walked for miles until we rested
I awoke in the morning to ask why we left and all I hear my mother say is to carry the haversack She ignores me and we keep walking, war is afoot as if it has just spawn from hell itself
We have been walking for what seems a decade when we finally see it
The colony, we have made it to safety of the sacred soil we so call our very own state

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about walking thru fire, but and they didn't have any shoes wich that sucks but yeah i like your poem alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this from the perspective of the wagon carrying refugees from the South?

    It is very descriptive and well written, but it needs to stick closer to the guidelines set for the assignment.
    20/30 points for this one.

    I like the penguins and fish you added! :)

    ReplyDelete